Monday, May 20, 2024

May 19, 2024

 Before leaving Arkansas on Sunday, I decided to try for some species I don't normally get near home.  My buddy that I fished with the previous day for Snakeheads fish with me.  He knows so many good fishing spots! :)

We stopped at 3 places.  At the first spot, I caught a Creek Chub, Green Sunfish, and Rainbow Trout, then lost a sculpin.  We relocated downstream 100 yards or so, and I caught a few more Green Sunfish, a Banded Sculpin (Flyfer!), 3 Redspotted Sunfish, 7 Grass Pickerel, and a Knobfin Sculpin.

Banded Sculpin

Banded Sculpin


Redspotted Sunfish



Grass Pickerel

Grass Pickerel







Knobfin Sculpin


As we headed to another location, we made a quick stop at a small creek, hoping for chances at some Darter species.  We didn't manage any darters, but I did get a Flyfer (fly-lifer) of a Redfin Shiner.  Also caught some Bloody Shiners.

Redfin Shiner

Bloody Shiners
 
At our last spot, we fished a swamp that was flooded and muddied up from recent rains.  I beached but lost a Spotted Gar, but caught a Warmouth and 2 Fliers.
Warmouth

Flier

Flier

Zebra Swallowtail

I ended the day by 12:30pm (to start my drive home), with 11 species, 27 fish.  I've now so far caught 51 fish species in 2024.


No comments:

Post a Comment