Tuesday, July 11, 2023

July 8, 2023

 Saturday, I flyfished "the swamp".  Hoped for Bowfin.  Saw many, but couldn't catch any.  Frustrating and perplexing!

Caught some other stuff, though.

Warmouth:



While fishing to a (barely) visible Silver Carp, the fly sunk out of sight.  The line twitched.  I set the hook...and accidentally foul-hooked one I hadn't seen.  Peeled lots of line, though...very fast fish!  As these are considered an undesirable invasive species, I did not return it to the water.

Grass Carp:

Black Crappie
Spotted or Shortnose or Hybrid Gar

Shortnose Gar

Saw lots of snakes, including:
Diamondback Watersnake:

Plain-bellied Watersnake:

I think this is a Northern Watersnake:

A Plain-bellied Watersnake and a Northern Watersnake hanging out together:

Also saw a deer, several large Great Blue Herons, and a Belted Kinfisher nearly landed on my fly rod I was holding.


No comments:

Post a Comment