Monday, July 3, 2023

July 2, 2023

 After not having much rain at all for seeminly a month or two, we finally got a couple good storms....brief but strong.  Broke limbs off trees and took out the power in our neighborhood for nearly 20 hours.

I visited a local creek  the day after the storms.  The water level had come up about 18" or so, but had already dropped back down to just 5" above "normal".  However, the water was very stained, and current was flowing much faster than usual.

I didn't see or catch any Grass Carp.  I did catch a Common Carp, Largemouth Bass, Bluegills, Green Sunfish, a Gar...and Longear Sunfish.  I've fished this creek quite a bit over the past 4 years.  I've caught maybe 3 Longear Sunfish in the creek, EVER.  Pretty rare.  But today I caught 9 or 10!  I certainly don't mind, they are beautiful fish!

Spotted Gar?  Shortnose Gar?  Hybrid?






Why do I keep catching turtles??
Chickory!



No comments:

Post a Comment