Monday, July 31, 2023

July 30, 2023

 We got some rain locally the previous afternoon.  I visited an urban creek.  I hoped for a Longnose Gar.  I saw just one, and was able to get close enough to cast to it without spooking it.  It followed and ate the fly.  I set the hook, and it was FISH ON.  I had to manuever down closer to the waters edge in order to net the fish, and in doing so, I slipped on the muddy slope at one point.  But I made it down, and the fish was still on.  And then it wasn't.  <sigh>

Not a great day of fishing, but also not a terrible one.  I managed to catch 9 species:

Green Sunfish, Hybrid Sunfish, Bluegill, Longear Sunfish, Shortnose Gar, Channel Catfish, White Bass, Common Carp, and Grass Carp.  The Grass Carp was a fighter!  It measured a healthy 30". Not huge, but good enough... probably weighed around 11 pounds.









No comments:

Post a Comment