Thursday, August 22, 2024

August 20, 2024

Tuesday after work (I work from home), I joined in the St Louis rush-hour traffic to try and squeeze in a couple hours of evening fishing.  My target was Orangespotted Sunfish, from a spot I had caught them in April.  Water levels have been high since then, but were only @ 3.5' higher than April now.  Fishable.

Sadly, I did not catch any Orangespotted Sunfish.  Nor Green Sunfish, Bluegills, Hybrid Sunfish, or Longear Sunfish....all of which I've caught there in the past.  Perplexing.  Where are they? 

There were 2-3 small current seams, and at each one, I found fish.  I ended up catching 4 Common Carp, a Freshwater Drum, a Bigmouth Buffalo, a little Channel Catfish, and a Shortnose Gar.  

Some really good fighters in that bunch!  Had my 6wt fly rod bent over pretty good!








No comments:

Post a Comment