Wednesday, May 24, 2023

May 21, 2023 - Iowa

They day after my daughter's wedding, I was able to meet up with my buddy Jay and do some fishing.  I wanted to add a Pumpkinseed Sunfish to my 2023 Flyrod Species list, since they don't seem to be in Missouri. 

Where I'd hoped to catch them, the water was low, and the pond edges were choked solid with weeds.  Took a very long cast just to reach beyond the weed edge.  Caught a bluegill there, but soon moved to a nearby pond instead.  Caught one!  Flyrod Species # 59 for 2023!


Next, we visited a pond to see if there were still big bluegills in it...worried after hearing reports of folks harvesting them in the past year or two.  Happy to have found some.  I caught maybe 10-11 Bluegills, but all were 9"+, with about 6 being 10"-10.5"!  BIG!








Also caught some bass.
Great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment