Monday, May 1, 2023

April 28, 2023

 Targeted Eyetail Bowfin, mainly.  Caught 5.  Lost others.




I caught the first 2 and the last one on a Bass Master fly.  I had 3 or 4 (maybe 5?) hooked up on a microjig while trying for warmouth.  I managed to land one on it, even though it bend the hook out.  I bend the hook back into place, then caught another bowfin on it, before losing the next.
Common Carp and Grass Carp were active, but it was really windy, which made strike detection nearly impossible.  I had a nice grass carp on briefly.

I had a LOT of Shortnose Gar eat the fly, but never managed to land ANY of them!

I caught a little Largemouth Bass, a Bluegill, and some Green Sunfish.

I wanted to show these Green Sunfish (above) to then show these unusual suspected hybrid sunfish (below).



I ended up dragging two turtles to shore who I assume tried to eat the fly.  They were released in good shape.

Also saw lots of snakes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment