Saturday, October 1, 2022

September 30, 2022

 The Good and the Bad.  Pretty good day at the swamp, really.  I landed 8 Bowfin on the fly!  Also caught Green Sunfish, Warmouth, Largemouth Bass, Grass Carp, and Shortnose Gar.

The really bizarre thing is....so far, except for one other day, I largely had been landing every Bowfin I'd hooked up with.  But today wasn't that day.  I believe I LOST 19 additional Bowfin that I was hooked up with!  And once again I lost a BIG gar (presumably longnose, because of its size) that was hooked up for quite awhile.  Such is fishing....the fish gotta win sometimes, or it isn't fair.  But that was a crazy number of lost bowfin!  70%!!

Anyway, very glad to have caught the ones that I did.  Some good-looking fish, and several had faint eyespots, and one had a fairly DECENT eyespot, although still not as prominent as they CAN be.

On to the pics...

Bowfin:





Grass Carp:
Shortnose Gar:
Warmouth:
And other stuff seen:


No comments:

Post a Comment