Saturday, October 1, 2022

September 28, 2022

 Flyfished "the swamp".  Fished some new-to-me spots there.  Good day.  Caught 27 fish total. Caught 10 species!!!  They were:

1. Bowfin

2. Shortnose Gar

3. Grass Carp

4. Common Carp

5. Largemouth Bass

6. Warmouth

7. Bluegill

8. Green Sunfish

9. Black Crappie

10. Yellow Bullhead

I didn't take pics of all the species (LMB, Bluegill)...here's some of the rest:

Warmouth:





Green Sunfish:


Bowfin:



Shortnose Gar:
Grass Carp:
Common Carp:
Yellow Bullhead:
Black Crappie:
And...some other stuff:
A quick story about the snake in the above picture.  He showed up, sitting in the water near me while I was fishing.  Being a good boy, non-threatening.  Idiot me eventually had the idea to tap him on the back with my fly to get him to "move along".  Instead, it turned and grabbed the fly SO FAST!  Well, I had to "land it" and unhook it.  In doing so, the snack curled its body around my arm, and left me smelling very "skunky"!  I unhooked him and he went on his way.  I felt very bad for how that played out.  Not what I'd intended.  I deserved getting skunk-sprayed!  I won't be doing that again, certainly not on purpose.  The lesson I learned is to just leave the snakes alone.  I hope to share this lesson, to keep others from doing what I did, and from getting "skunked".  That smell stayed with me all day!






No comments:

Post a Comment