Friday, September 22, 2023

September 21, 2023 - BOWFIN GOAL REACHED!

I had a rare opportunity to fish on an afternoon during the week.  I took it!

I reached my 100 Bowfin on Fly in a calendar year goal!!  I just needed 3 more, and I caught 3. 😃👊

Lost a few others.  Also had a Grass Carp on (fair-hooked), but after a decent fight, it got off.  Lost a gar, too.  I did catch a Common Carp, Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, and Green Sunfish.


I'm so glad to have this goal behind me.  I REALLY love catching these Eyetail Bowfin, very fun, very challenging.  
In about a 13 month span (although this fishing area is closed for 4.5 months over the winter...so really 8.5 months of actual fishing) I caught 145 Bowfin on Fly.  That was over a span of 30 fishing outings, so an average of 4.8 Bowfin on fly per outing.


No comments:

Post a Comment