Monday, September 18, 2023

September 17, 2023

 Spent the bulk of the weekend in Kirksville, MO....for the Truman State University "Parent's Weekend".  Had a good time hanging out with our son. :)

We got back home at a decent time on Sunday, so I headed out fishing.  Got to the parking area around 3pm.  Only fished 3 spots, out of the 9 or so I usually hit when I have a full day to fish at this location.

Still working on my 100 Bowfin on Fly in a Calendar Year.  Caught 3 Bowfin, lost another 3 or 4.  Brings my total for 2023 to 97!  I just need 3 more before fishing here closes on Oct. 15.  I feel pretty good about my chances. 

I also caught a bluegill, some green sunfish, some warmouth, a tiny common carp, and a mussel.  Also caught a bullhead, that I suspect is a Black Bullhead.

Here's some pics from this outing:












No comments:

Post a Comment