Monday, March 20, 2023

March 19, 2023

 Almost didn't bother fishing this weekend.  Cold.  Sunday was the warmer of the 2 days, and only forecast to reach 38 F.    I left the house after noon...once the temp outside finally got above freezing.

Near the fishing spot, I saw small bodies of water covered with ice!

Expectations of catching anything were very low.

I fished hard, all the same.  Had a shortnose gar on briefly, but it shook free.  I accidentally caught a Red Eared Slider turtle.


I did finally catch one Bowfin, and it was on a new Edge Gamma Beta 8wt fly rod that I hadn't yet caught a fish on.  Baptism by Bowfin...what could be BETTER? :) 

This male had just a touch of blue pigment inside his mouth, and a tiny bit of the green fins they get during the spawn.
I was very happy and thankful to have caught the one bowfin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment