Monday, September 26, 2022

September 24, 2022

 Visited our son at Truman State University for "Parent's Weekend".  Had just a bit of time early Saturday morning to squeeze some fishing in.  Right across the highway from the hotel is a MDC-owned pond I've fished before.  I was greeted by this sign:

Ugh.  Plans demolished.  I took some pics of the drained pond, so show where the brushpiles, rocks, etc, have been placed...for future reference.

There's a lake about 20 minutes away that I've wanted to visit, but hadn't yet.  It has muskies...and I want to catch a musky on fly...so I went.

I only had about an hour to fish before I needed to head back to the hotel, but I flyfished from shore for muskies and for bass.  I didn't catch any or see any.  I didn't want to get skunked, so I downsized and fished off a floating dock.  I caught about a dozen white crappies and black crappies, a couple small bass, and somehow managed to land a crayfish!






No comments:

Post a Comment