Monday, September 19, 2022

September 18, 2022

 Re-checked out one area of the swamp for possible fishing areas.  Water is really low, and no fish were spotted, except in a large pool, where I saw a gar.

Took a long walk and checked out some other new-to-me areas.  I caught 3 bowfin in one small area.

A couple of them had better looking fins than most of the ones I've caught recently.



Finally, I caught one that had an "eyespot" on its tail (male), although it was a bit faded.

At a new spot nearby, I caught a Warmouth (could be a hybrid):

I caught a 4th Bowfin at a spot I've fished before.


While walking between various spots, I saw this big Softshell Turtle.  It saw me approach, but didn't run away like most do.  I took some pics and continued on my walk.
There were 3 Viceroy butterflies on this pile of dung.  One flew away before I took this picture.

I accidentally foul-hooked this large Snapping Turtle in the tail.  Fortunately, I was able to free my fly with my rod tip so I didn't need to beach the turtle.
I believe this is a Virginia Tiger Moth caterpillar.
And some sort of katydid.




No comments:

Post a Comment