Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Mid-August 2021

The creek water level has remained good.  I've noticed it appears pretty stained much of the time, and it appears this is due to fish stirring up the fine sediments on the bottom, probably more than runoff from the occasional rain. 

As far as flyfishing, its been much the same... fishing the creek mainly for Grass Carp, and whatever else will strike.  Seemed like there was more variety at this time last year, but I'm fishing differently than last year, so this may explain the reduction in species.

I did get another Goldeye, I think this is the first one since April?


I got a nice 23" Channel Catfish that looked much longer, IMO.

Grass Carp have been cooperating pretty well.


Shortnose and Longnose Gar have been caught.
A few small channel catfish have been willing to strike.

Below, I believe, is an American Snout butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment