Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Early November 2020

 Urban Trout Program stockings started the first week of November around St. Louis.

Took the day off Thursday and fished an Urban Trout Program pond that got stocked on Tuesday with 400 trout.  My goal was to catch 401...and I did not reach that goal.  :laughing7:
I caught a Bluegill, a White Crappie, and a Largemouth Bass.  And ~ 20 Rainbow Trout.  I measured a few trout in the 13"-15" range.







Also rescued a dragonfly from the water by "catching it" on my fly.  Does that count?  Yes. I didn't hook it, it just grabbed onto the fly.


I returned to the same body of water on Saturday.  Struggled!  Only caught 4 trout:


Also had a dead squirrel splash down into the water about 25' in front of me while I was fishing.  Weird.  No birds of prey flying overhead that could have dropped it.  Trees weren't hanging far enough over the water for it to have fallen from a tree.  Nobody close enough to have thrown it.  What just happened??

Not related to the fishing, but I did find this in our house and released it back outside:


No comments:

Post a Comment