Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Saylorville Lake, 7-15-2013

I used spinning gear last night and fished a local reservoir with my buddy Jay for a couple hours before dark.
Fishing was really slow.  In the first hour-and-a-half, I landed one White Bass and had two Largemouth Bass throw my lures next to shore.

In the final 20 minutes or so, there was a brief flurry of activity with some surface activity of baitfish getting chased near the surface.  Using a topwater plug, I landed 5 Largemouth Bass, and missed/lost about twice that many hits.  The first strike of this "frenzy" resulted in this DOUBLE!  I've caught my share of doubles of Largemouth Bass and White Bass...usually they are caught on separate hooks.  This pair was hooked on the SAME treble.

Some good sunset scenery last night too.



2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I have never landed a double of anything before. I am sure it brings a smile to your face every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was totally unexpected. We had caught practically ZILCH all evening, and were actually giving up to head back to the car when suddenly fish started popping baitfish near the surface. 2nd cast got the strike, and I grinned and laughed incredulously when I saw the two bass on the lure. As I brought them in, another fish boiled right next to my leg.

    ReplyDelete