Friday, April 9, 2021

April 8, 2021 - Black Bullheads

 Went out after dinner in the drizzle to try for some bullheads on the fly.  The water I selected was muddied up from recent rains.  I could still see the bottom in shallow areas 12" deep or less.  Fortunately, I spotted a few bullheads feeding there.  I made presentations to them.  Some I spooked, some I missed the strikes, but in an hour of trying, I managed to catch and land 4 Black Bullheads.

This is my 30th species on the fly rod in Missouri since moving here less than 9 months ago...not bad, considering this period spanned the winter months.  After flyfishing in Iowa for @15 years, I'd caught 38 species there, based on my best recollections.  So...30 in MO in less than a year feels pretty solid!  Still some species scattered throughout the state I'd like to add to my MO fly rod list.... I made a quick list, they will be challenging!






No comments:

Post a Comment