Sunday, April 4, 2021

April 3, 2021

Following some good rains, high water in the MO River and its tributaries, I hoped to find a local creek getting repopulated with fish from the MO River.  The creek looked good!  The big negative was we just came off a few cold days/nights in a row, with low temps in the 20's and 30's F.

A few quick splashes from fish on the surface, but none seen swimming around.  It was like a desterted wasteland for the first hour or two of flyishing.  Then I started missing some strikes.  Then I caught 2 very small Grass Carp on back-to-back casts.



Then 23 minutes later, a nice 21" Freshwater Drum.  And then the action just died.


Further downstream, I managed a Green Sunfish.

Then I drove to a place I'd seen a few Bullheads.  It also has lots of Goldfish.  I didn't see any bullheads this time, and the numerous smaller goldfish were not interested in the fly I was using.  I finally found a bigger Goldfish that was willing to eat the fly.  It measured 11"...beautiful fish!





No comments:

Post a Comment