Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Late August 2020

 And....MORE of those OTHER fish!  I enjoyed my last outing, so I set out to see if I could reproduce similar results.

I used 2 separate fly patterns...an unweighted olive woolly bugger, and a beadhead black nymph with hackle collar and round rubber split tail (I still don't know the name of the fly).  Both were very effective.

I caught 8 species:  (7) Grass Carp, (7+) Shortnose Gar, (3) Bluegills, (1) White Bass, (1) Kentucky Spotted Bass, (1) Channel Catfish, (1) Bighead Carp(?), (2) Goldeye.

The Goldeye were a first for me, so that was pretty cool!

Once again, I really enjoyed the variety.








2 comments:

  1. What a variety, but where is my beloved bluegill?? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been catching bluegills, I just haven't been photographing them lately. :)

      Delete