Monday, August 24, 2020

Longear Sunfish!

 I had set a flyfishing goal for myself to try and catch Longear Sunfish and Kentucky Spotted Bass, since they are fairly common in Missouri, but not Iowa...and I had not caught either species before.  If you saw my last blog post, you know I did catch a Kentucky Spotted Bass.  So...Longear Sunfish were next on the agenda.

I got some helpful tips on where to go that weren't too far away from St. Louis.  Really appreciate the help!  I fished 2 creeks and caught Longears from both.  Beautiful little fish!

They were all very pretty, here's some of the more vibrant-colored ones I caught:




I caught other stuff while fishing for these...including this Common Shiner:



2 comments:

  1. Dave
    I ask you on your recent post where is my beloved bluegill, well I found it on this post----truly one of the most colorful fish that swims. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I was thinking Pumpkinseed Sunfish were the most beautiful sunfish... Now I'm not sure! These Longears are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete