Thursday, December 26, 2019

October 2019

Flyfishing has remained very productive here in central Iowa.
20" Largemouth Bass on a Gamechanger (fly):
Pumpkinseed Sunfish:

Crappies:


20.5" Largemouth Bass:

Caught my biggest bluegill ever.  10.5" on the left (and a 9.5" fish on the right):

Tied and tried a Micro Gamechanger (fly).  Measures @ 2" long.  Caught crappies and a HUGE SURPRISE 13.25" White Bass!





Towards the latter part of the month, my buddy Jay and I made a 3-day visit to NE Iowa trout streams.
We caught naturally reproducing Brook Trout:



Naturally reproducing Brown Trout:



And some good-looking Rainbow Trout:

Then back to central Iowa, where I caught some crappies:

And my biggest Largemouth Bass of the year, 21" long, on October 27th:

No comments:

Post a Comment