Monday, April 13, 2015

Nice Bass this Weekend!....4-11-2015

I flyfished a couple local public ponds with my buddy Jay this weekend.  The first pond provided the most excitement.  I caught 5 species:  Crappies, Pumpkinseed Sunfish, Hybrid Sunfish, Bluegills, and Largemouth Bass.

Couple of exciting things happened.  First, I was flyfishing a corner of the pond near an intersection of roads with stoplights.  The two cars over my shoulder in the picture collided just a couple minutes before this picture of a 16.5" bass was taken.

About 15 minutes later, I hooked a bluegill, and a bass attacked it as I was bringing it in to shore.  I was able to land the bass, it measured 21.75"!!

Then I visited a young pond....probably just a couple years old, and this is the first time I've ever fished it.  I caught a lot of Hybrid Sunfish, small Largemouth Bass and Bluegills.
Had to watch out for the nesting Canadian Geese!

2 comments:

  1. What a bass! I always freak out when there a big bass chasing a bluegill I hooked up. Usually, because, I'm using my real light rods. Did you let it keep the bluegill? ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! She deserved to keep that bluegill! :)

      Delete