Thursday, April 25, 2024

April 22-24, 2024

 I don't often fish during the work-week anymore, but my wife is out-of-town for her work.  So.....

Monday evening, I went to an urban creek above a lake to try for Orangespotted Sunfish.  I did not see nor catch any.  I did catch a bunch of Green Sunfish (including some rather tiny ones! Very cute.), a few Bluegills and Hybrid Sunfish, a Black Crappie, and a Grass Carp.  I lost a Shortnose Gar and another Grass Carp broke my line.





After work on Tuesday, I did some errands, and then fished for a bit after the rain passed.  Saw a big fat Redear, but it swam away when I put my fly near it.  I managed to catch another Redear, though.  And a Largemouth Bass, and a couple Hybrid Sunfish.

Wednesday after work, I visited an urban creek, it was still a bit stained from Tuesday's rain, but otherwise was nearly normal.

I caught 2 Hybrid Sunfish, 1 Shortnose Gar, and 2 Grass Carp.  The larger Grass Carp measured 31".




I took pics of both sides of this Grass Carp.... it only had one eye, and appeared to have been born that way.  Cyclops!

Deer in the Creek:




No comments:

Post a Comment