Monday, November 1, 2021

Late October 2021 - #2

 Squeezed in one more flyfishing outing on October 30.

I decided to try the creek again, hitting deeper pools to see if fish were still in the creek.  Last year the creek fish seemed to largely "disappear" after early October.  But the water level in the creek is low, I can't imagine fish are even able to leave the creek at this point.  They've still gotta be there, right?

Well, it wasn't a great day of fishing, but fish were caught.  I was happy with it.  Highs in the upper 50's. Breezy.

I caught 3 more Grass Carp, putting my 2021 year-total at 167.

All caught using the same microjigs under an indicator that has worked well all year.  Fishing deeper did seem to help...I was fishing mostly 2'-3.5' deep.  The water was largely stained as usual...maybe 12" visibility?
I also caught 2 small Channel Catfish, a small White Bass, and a decent Bluegill.


No comments:

Post a Comment