Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Late April Flyfishing in Central Iowa (2017)

Gotta catch you up on what's been going on here.  Fishing has actually been sorta tough.  I'm catching some, but not as many as I should.  Seems like the local fish have gotten wise to my scent and/or favorite flies.

I tied and tried a new (to me....originated by others) fly for bass.  It has caught several fish for me!  Looks great in the water!

I've had some big bass on that I have not been able to land.  That's been both exciting AND frustrating.

I've caught some big sunfish, including another Master Angler-sized (9.3") Pumpkinseed Sunfish, and a giant Green Sunfish (actually I suspect it is a Hybrid Sunfish, but maybe an F2 generation or later...backcrossed back to pure Green Sunfish?) of 9.5".

Lost a HUGE bass today during lunch.  I guesstimate it would have weighed 6+ pounds.

So...the pictures I DO have....











No comments:

Post a Comment