Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Evening Report, 5-24-2011

I fly-fished a local public pond last night from around 8pm-9:30pm.


I fished a short section of shoreline I had never fished before, and a section where I had caught some decent male bluegills a few days ago. The section I had fished before produced only a few scattered fish.

The new section produced a variety of sizes of bluegills...from about 3" to a couple really nice fish that were probably in the 8"-8.5" range...males & females. Mostly is was small fish, though.

That area also produced a 10.5" crappie. Not a BIG crappie, but noticeably bigger than all the other ones I have caught from this particular pond this year.

I also caught a beautiful Hybrid Sunfish (unless somebody can tell me its a Pumpkinseed?). The pictures on this fish just don't do it justice.

I also caught a new "fly rod first" for me. I have to admit it put up a very interesting fight!....you may not be able to tell from the picture, but...its a BASEBALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment