Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kayak Fishing 6/14 and 6/15/2010

I fished Big Creek Lake on Monday evening from my kayak.  Lots of rain over the past couple weeks have the lake high, with lots of floating debris and an algae bloom.  Fishing was tough.  I managed a crappie and a nice bluegill on fly gear, and another bluegill on spinning gear.

The sunset that evening was especially beautiful from the water.  See the geese?

Tuesday I fished from the kayak on Saylorville Lake.  That reservoir is also EXTREMELY high (30' above normal pool).  I managed about a dozen small white bass on an in-line spinner.  Then I took a tour of the lake in my kayak.  It was fun being over the tops of willow trees that normally line the shore above the usual high water line, and seeing them on the fishfinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment