Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Early November 2018

Feeding carp were located, but I could not detect any strikes when I presented them with flies.

I tied up these on a "chartreuse whim"...a Gamechanger, and a Howitzer Popper:




In one pond, at least, bass were still hitting topwater fly patterns (bass poppers) thru the first week of November...in fact, one day they were charging top-speed from up to 30' away to smash the fly on the 2nd pop!




Feathered Gamechangers were still working as well:

As I write this on November 14, we've had some rather cold weather in central Iowa so far this month.  This past weekend, I visited 5 ponds....2 were 100% ice-covered, 2 were 65%-75% ice-covered, and one pond was completely ice-free.  I fished the ice-free one, and one of the partially-open ponds.  I only caught fish out of the ice-free pond.  Over 25 Crappies, plus 4 bluegills and a bass in a few hours of flyfishing.




1 comment:

  1. I do love it when the largemouth ignore the cold to slam topwater! That's good fun.

    ReplyDelete