Friday, January 22, 2010

More fly ties, January 2010

Here's some flies I tied recently:

This is a Griffith's Gnat. I used brown hackle instead of grizzly. I don't know why I did that.

Below is a beadhead Clouser Swimming Nymph. I used possum dubbing for the abdomen. Looks like there's a big gnarly guard hair sticking out of that!

Below is another idea for a crayfish pattern. It seems ok, but still not exactly what I'm looking for. Getting closer, I think.

This is a beadhead PTN. A lot of folks on here seem to like them, so thought I'd give it a try. This is one of my first attempts at this fly. I think I could've done better with the peacock herl thorax, but overall not too bad, and it should catch fish!

1 comment:

  1. that spider look-a-like may cause trouble at night! eek!