Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fly-fished a local pond in the evening on 7-22-2010.  Fishing has been rather slow lately.  I've been catching fish, but nothing particularly noteworthy.  Its been really hot and humid lately, and the City has sprayed some sort of chemical around the edges of some of the more popular ponds to help get rid of the mats of algae and some of the aquatic weedbeds along the shorelines.

The crappies must be hanging in deeper water during the daylight hours, because I haven't been catching ANY until the sun goes down.

I did get this really fat 22" Channel Catfish, and it was GREAT fighter!  It was released, of course.  Given the time of year, I wonder if might have been full of eggs?





I also caught this 10" crappie.  Not huge, but pretty decent for this pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment