Thursday, August 11, 2016

NE Iowa Trout Fishing, August 9-10, 2016

My buddy Jay and I flyfished 3 streams in NE Iowa this week....Coldwater, Trout Run, and North Bear.
It was very warm, humid, and no breeze.  I felt plagued with many missed strikes I could see, or hooked fish shaking free before I could land them...and fish that just didn't want anything to do with me.  Lots of follows and refusals.  Big fish getting away time and again.  I found it very interesting that once a trout scrutinized the fly, they seemed to have their mind made up, and wouldn't even pay it any attention afterwards.  But, it seems to be short-term memory.  You could go back in an hour and catch that fish.  Silly trouts!  :P
Bald-Faced Hornet nest...it was about chest high, we almost walked right into it!  I slide my cell phone under it and snapped a picture...pretty cool!









No comments:

Post a Comment