Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lake Petocka, 10-16-2011

I made it back to Lake Petocka on Sunday evening, fished from 4pm-6:30pm, caught 6 Rainbow Trout (AGAIN! Third time... must be my lucky number?) and 1 Brook Trout.  All but one were on a Kastmaster, the other one was on a fly rod microjig.

Wish I would have caught the Brook Trout on my fly rod....I've really been wanting to add that species to my "fly rod" list.  But I was just glad to catch one on any gear.

Once again, I didn't photograph any rainbows, but did take pics of the Brookie, which happened to be a gravid female...she started squirting out eggs as I was photographing her (but not in THIS picture).
Female Brook Trout

She laid on her side in the shallows after I released her, but she soon righted herself and swam away.

No comments:

Post a Comment